* keeps blood glucose in check
* lowers blood pressure
* improves cholesterol and triglyceride levels
* may lead to taking less insulin or diabetes pills
* helps you to lose weight and keep it off
– American Diabetes Association
Check out these new resources to help people better manage their diabetes and prevent its complications.
Created by a leading fitness expert, Kathy Smith’s Project: YOU! Type 2 is a DVD program that combines meal plans with home workouts for varying fitness levels. For details, visit kathytype2.com.
For a thorough discussion of how to prevent, control, and live well with diabetes, the Post recommends Mayo Clinic: The Essential Diabetes Book. The easy-to-understand edition offers the latest guidelines on diagnosis as well as valuable self-care tips such as how often and when to test blood sugar levels.