Your choice of fresh vegetables and great pasta make for one delicious meal.
Seasonal Vegetable Pasta Primavera
(Makes 4 servings)
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained but not rinsed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in slivers
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in 2-inch slices
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Grated Parmesan, for sprinkling
Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook garlic, pepper strips, and onion for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli, and salt. Bring to boil, then reduce to medium and cook until asparagus and broccoli are tender-crisp, about 10 minutes. Stir in basil and parsley. Toss and serve immediately over cooked pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.
Note: Substitute vegetables with your favorites, and for added protein, toss in grilled chicken or tofu.