“The Mixed Herb Pesto is so delicious, it’s good on just about anything.” —Emeril Lagasse
Mixed Herb Pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix basil, parsley, mint, cilantro, and chives in food processor until finely chopped. Add pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. With machine running, add oil in thin, steady stream. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and pulse to combine. Transfer pesto to nonreactive bowl and cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse from Emeril at the Grill: A Cookbook for All Seasons, Harper Studio, New York, 2009, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.