Think green for Earth Day with this verdant dish.
Go Green Salsa
(Makes about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 pound of 1-inch tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed, and roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green jalapeno pepper, stemmed, and chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup water (varies for desired texture)
- Dash of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine first 8 ingredients in food processor until texture is smooth. Add spices. Pour into serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
You might also like ...