Strawberry Breakfast Mousse Creme
Recipe from the American Heart Association
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-fruit strawberry spread
- 3/4 cup fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed in refrigerator
- 4 fresh mint springs (optional)
In blender, process strawberries, ricotta, yogurt, and strawberry spread for 20 to 30 seconds, or until smooth, stirring halfway through.
Pour into medium bowl. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon into custard cups or small bowls. Garnish with mint.
Cook’s Tip: This strawberry mousse is also delicious spooned over fresh berries, such as blueberries. A serving would be a 1/2 cup fresh berries and 2 tablespoons mousse.
Nutrition per 1/2 cup serving
Total Fat: 1.5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g
Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Sodium: 58 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 14 g
Protein: 4 g