Start the New Year with a slim-down tactic from Food Network’s “Hungry Girl” Lisa Lillien (pictured). Mix or match as you like, but follow at least one quick and easy prompt to cut 100 calories every day.
- Skip your morning OJ. Drink coffee, tea, or plain water instead. (If you love citrus, eat the whole orange for a healthy dose of fiber and less sugar than you get in juice.)
- Change your sweet and creamy morning coffee to a basic black brew.
- Ditch regular soda in favor of water and other no-cal beverages.
- Swap bagels for English muffins.
- Replace mayo with mustard on your sandwich.
- Pass on the cheese when having a sandwich or salad.
- Dip salad into dressing. Don’t pour it on.
- Having a cocktail? Say “no” to tonic water and “yes” to club soda as a mixer.