Fire up the grill and try a new twist on an old favorite with a homemade aioli sauce!
Grilled Lamburgers with Lemon-Rosemary Aioli
(Makes 4 servings)
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, rosemary and lemon juice; mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1 small eggplant, cut crosswise into 4 slices, each about ½-inch thick
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 ½ pounds ground American Lamb
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Place eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; sprinkle both sides of slices liberally with 1 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine lamb, garlic, pepper and the remaining salt; mix lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape lamb mixture into 4 patties, each about ½-inch thick.
- Rinse eggplant slices; pat dry. Brush both sides of eggplant slices and tomato slices with olive oil.
- Grill eggplant and tomato, covered, over medium indirect heat 14 to 16 minutes. Place lamb patties over medium direct heat; grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes to medium doneness (160°F), turning occasionally. Remove vegetables and burgers from grill. Place hamburger buns on the grill; toast 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread 2 teaspoons aioli on bottom of each bun; top each with a burger. Place one eggplant slice and two tomato halves on each burger; top with additional 1 teaspoon aioli and top of bun.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board.
You might also like ...