There are a lot of things you can do with a half hour: Watch your favorite sitcom, play a heated game of cribbage, or take a summer stroll. But did you know you could spend that same half hour making a delicious jam? Until we found this recipe, we wouldn’t have believed it either, but it’s true. Try this spiced peach jam in 30 minutes or less!
Quick Spiced Peach Jam
(Makes 4 8-ounce jars)
Total time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups cut-up peaches
- 3 cups sugar
- Combine water, lemon juice, cloves, and cinnamon in a quart saucepan.
- Dip the peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds and rinse in cold water. Peel and cut in small pieces into a measuring cup. Add a cupful at a time to saucepan, giving them a quick stir. When all peaches are in saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until soft, stirring frequently. This should take 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stirring with one hand, add sugar. Stir over moderate heat until boiling. Increase the heat and cook until mixture thickens or measures 220ºF.
- Pour into hot, clean jars, leaving ¼-inch head space. Wipe rims, put lids on and screw bands firmly, then process in boiling water for 10 minutes. Cool, label, and store in a dark place.