Adding these easy-to-make, reusable cake toppers to your desserts creates a festive, three-dimensional pop of color to even the simplest of cakes.
Mini Heart Garland Cake Topper
- Red card stock
- Embroidery thread
- Bamboo skewers
- Heart pattern (Click here to download heart pattern PDF.)
- Parchment paper
- Embroidery needle
- Wire cutter
- Trace figure 3 heart pattern from PDF onto parchment paper with a pencil.
- Transfer pattern and cut as many heart shapes as desired out of red card stock.
- Thread needle with embroidery thread. Take a large straight stitch across the top of a heart, poking the needle down through one side and back up through the other.
- Leave a length of thread, and then take another straight stitch through the next heart.
- Repeat until you have reached the desired length of garland.
- Wrap and tie thread at each end of garland to a bamboo skewer. Trim skewers with wire cutter if necessary.