For me, winters are spent getting to know fictional characters while curled up with a good book or developing a love-hate relationship with the casts of my favorite reality TV shows. But with spring around the corner, it’s time to get out of the house—or at least tempt my real-life friends out of theirs. And what better way to tempt them than by hosting a party?
March is a great time to get social and celebrate the first days of spring. It’s also National Nutrition Month. So here are three nutritious party recipes guaranteed to cast off the last of those winter doldrums, courtesy of Kids Eat Right, a division of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Yogurt Parfait Shots
By Marie Feldman, RD
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons honey or 4 tablespoons light maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons chopped nuts
- Handful of berries (about 12 small raspberries, 8 blackberries, or 2-3 cut up strawberries, or mix n’ match)
- In small bowl combine the yogurt and honey or maple syrup.
- Spoon sweetened yogurt into four shot glasses until each is half full; this will be about 2 tablespoons for each.
- Add 1 teaspoon chopped nuts to center of each glass.
- Fill glasses with rest of yogurt (again about 2 tablespoons per glass) and top each with a few berries.
- Chill if not serving immediately.
Amount per Serving
Total fat: 1.5 g
Carbohydrate: 9 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 5 g
Sugars: 8 g
Sodium: 20 mg
More appetizing recipes:
Turn a delicious salad into a no-muss app.
Beware: The peanut sauce in this dish might become one of your favorite homemade condiments.