Grilled Corn with Sweet Pepper Butter
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- 4 ears fresh corn
- Using Microplane grater, grate bell pepper over medium bowl.
- Add butter and lime juice and whisk to combine. Season with pinch of salt and set aside.
- Shuck corn and steam or boil in salted water for 8 minutes.
- Transfer corn to the grill, setting ears directly over coals of medium fire. Grill until kernels begin to caramelize. Rotate ears constantly to cook evenly.
- Remove corn from grill and serve piping hot with pepper butter on the side.
Total fat: 9.7 g
Saturated fat: 5.6 g
Carbohydrate: 17.4 g
Fiber: 2.8 g
Protein: 3 g
Diabetic Exchanges: ~1 starch, 2 fat
Grilled Corn Reprinted with permission from Where There’s Smoke: Simple, Sustainable, Delicious Grilling © 2013 by Barton Seaver, Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co. Inc.
You might also like ...