This feta spread is perfect when paired with Greek-style lamb kebabs.
(Makes 2 cups)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste (depending on the saltiness of the feta)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, and stir to blend well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight to allow flavors to blend.
Per Serving (¼ cup)
Total fat: 8.8 g
Saturated fat: 5.5 g
Sodium: 353 mg
Carbohydrate: 1.8 g
Fiber: 0.1 g
Protein: 4.5 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
Greek-Style Lamb Kabobs and Feta Spread by Emeril Lagasse, from Emeril at the Grill: A Cookbook for All Seasons, Harper Studio Publishers, New York, 2009, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc.; Photo by Steven Freeman