Fresh and rich Hass Avocado Ice Cream can be served simply in a bowl for a summer BBQ or dressed up in martini glasses for a more sophisticated affair. (If you don’t have an ice cream maker, check out “3 Easy Ways to Make Ice Cream Without a Machine.”)
Homemade Avocado Ice Cream
(Makes 8 servings)
- 1 ½ cup low-fat milk (soy milk may be substituted)
- 2 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, seeded and peeled
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup low-fat coconut milk (soy milk may be substituted)
- 1 mint sprig, chopped (optional)
- 1 vanilla bean, chopped (optional)
- Puree milk, Hass Avocados, sugar, and juice in blender.
- Blend in remaining liquid of your choice, along additional flavorings such as mint or vanilla.
- Follow instructions on ice cream maker to freeze and finish. (No ice cream maker? Check out “3 Easy Ways to Make Ice Cream Without a Machine.”)
Total fat: 14 g
Saturated fat: 7 g
Carbohydrate: 17 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 3 g
Sodium: 30 mg
Recipe courtesy of Hass Avocados.