This sparkly ornament will add a touch of charm to the boughs of any evergreen. Who would have thought so much loveliness could come out of tinfoil? Watch the video below to learn to make this snazzy doodad or follow the instructions below.
Tinfoil Ball Ornament
- Lid from large coffee can
- 12″ piece of wire
- 2 beads
- Needle nose pliers
- Roll out enough tinfoil to lay coffee can lid on top. With chopstick, create a mark along edge of lid on opposite side from edge of tinfoil.
- Using mark, fold tinfoil 9 times to make 10 pieces of foil.
- Cut folded foil from roll.
- Trace lid of coffee can on foil. Cut around line to make 10 circles.
- Peel apart circles.
- Take 1 circle and fold in half 3 times to form a shape that looks like piece of pie.
- From the tip of the piece of pie, measure ¼-inch and make a mark with your fingernail. Fold tip on mark.
- Open circle and cut along each fold line, from edge of circle to center fold line.
- Roll each flap around chopstick to form a circle. Note: Whichever side (matte or shiny) faces down will be outside of ornament.
- Repeat steps 6 through 9 with each tinfoil circle.
- Tie a knot on one end of wire. Place bead on wire.
- Poke wire through center of each circle.
- Once complete, place second bead on wire. Push down to shape foil into ball.
- Loop top of wire and place end into bead.