Get the best apps (free, too!) to help you make healthy choices at every meal from the National Association of Nutrition Professionals, among others.
1. Fooducate. Scan product barcodes for nutrition information, an A to D letter grade food score, and a number to keep you on track without counting calories.
2. CSPI Chemistry Cuisine. Get in-depth information and a safety rating from the Center for Science in the Public Interest for more than 130 common food additives.
3. Find Me Gluten-Free. View menus, get directions, or call local restaurants, cafes, and grocery stores that serve gluten-free items.
4. Nicolas’ Garden. Compare and share favorite recipes and photos. Created for kids but fun for all ages.
5. Locavore. Track produce at peak freshness in your area, and find local farmers markets. Then share the info on Facebook! Simple and sweet.