The most delicious way to warm up a chilly night is simpler than you thought.
David’s Simply Delicious Chili
(Makes 8 servings)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
Combine ground beef, onion, and garlic in large stockpot. Cook and stir over medium heat until beef is brown. Drain.
Stir in chili powder, salt, oregano, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. While stirring, break up tomatoes. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer, and cover. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beans. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, again stirring occasionally.
Top with low-fat cheddar cheese and/or chopped onions as desired.
Think you can top this chili recipe? Share your tips below. And be sure to check out the wining chili recipe from our most recent Post Pitch-In! Click here.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now