Post staffer Tamatha Crist received first place during a Post Chili Cook-off last fall. Try her winning recipe for Turkey Pumpkin Chili.
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Heat oil in large pan. Saute onions, peppers, and garlic until soft. Add turkey and cook until done. Drain pan. Add tomatoes and beans (do not drain cans). Stir in pumpkin, chili powder, and cinnamon. Simmer for 1 to 2 hours. (Recipe can also be prepared in slow cooker.)
Do you have a favorite chili recipe? Share it with us in the comment section below.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now