In the mood to toss your diet aside (for a day or two)? Why not try these delectable cupcakes spiked with crushed Oreos? This easy-to-make recipe comes to us courtesy of Cupcakes, Cupcakes, & More Cupcakes by Lilach German, a 144-page, softcover cookbook from Imagine Publishing. I hope someone brings these to my annual Labor Day cookout (hint, hint).
Oreo Cupcakes (makes 12 )
Ingredients for Cupcakes
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 finely chopped Oreo cookies
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 10 coarsely crushed Oreo cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Insert liners into medium cupcake pans.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer with the mixer’s flat beater on medium speed until mixture is light and airy.
4. Reduce mixing speed to low. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients (prepared in Step 2) and the finely chopped Oreos, mixing until batter is smooth.
6. Fill cupcake liners two-thirds full.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in cupcake’s center comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
9. With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft and creamy.
10. Add coarsely crushed Oreo pieces, gently mixing to prevent cookie pieces from breaking further.
11. Place a heaping teaspoon of frosting on top of each cupcake.
Ingredients for Frosting
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now