Who doesn’t love a good egg salad sandwich? This recipe produces a fairly traditional egg salad but with the added kick of a trio of tasty herbs—thyme, parsley, and dill. Serve your sandwich open-face with a side salad of mixed greens for a healthy, delicious, and easy meal! (Recipe and image courtesy the American Egg Board.)
Herbed Egg Salad(Makes 12 servings.)
- 24 large, hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups red onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 12 large slices multi-grain bread, toasted
- 8 cups mixed greens
Using a box grater, grate hard-cooked eggs across the coarsest section.
Add eggs, onions, and celery to a bowl. In separate bowl blend mayonnaise, mustard, thyme, parsley, and dill. Mix eggs and mayonnaise mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving.
Portion about 3/4 cup egg salad onto each slice (whole or split) toast. Serve open-face with 2/3 cup mixed greens. Serve immediately.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now