If you’re searching for a delicious but easy appetizer to kick off your next party, give these spicy kabobs a try. The recipe comes to us courtesy of the National Pork Board.
(Makes 24 appetizers.)
- 2 pounds boneless pork chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 24 6-inch wooden skewers
- Place pork cubes in resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing, red pepper flakes, and fennel seed. Seal bag; refrigerate for at least 1 hour to overnight to marinate pork.
- When ready to cook, thread pork, peppers, and onion on skewers. Discard marinade.
- Place kabobs on greased broiler pan and broil 5 inches from heat or grill over medium-hot coals for about 5 minutes per side.
Calories: 70 calories
Protein: 9 grams
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 135 milligrams
Cholesterol: 25 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 0 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now