I like to send a thank-you card and my business card or magnet with orders I send out, and these are perfect. You could also use these little gift card envelopes to adorn your holiday packages.
Decorative Gift Card Envelopes
- 8 ½” x 11″ paper (I used regular 20-pound copy paper.)
- Wax paper
- Glue stick
- Cup of your favorite brew (This craft is addictive, so you might be here awhile.)
- Cutting mat or ruler
- Paper cutter
- Edge punch (The one I used is from the Martha Stewart line.)
- Cut your sheet of paper into quarters (each will now be 4.25″ x 5.5″).
- Using the edge of your cutting mat for sizing (or a ruler) fold short edges so that they overlap in the center and width is reduced to 2.5″.
- With wax paper underneath to protect your work surface, run a glue stick down top overlap edge, and bottom long edge. Fold short overlap edges to center, and then fingerpress to secure glued edges.
- Now fold bottom edge up about a half inch, run glue along the inside, and press to secure.
- All that is left to do now is edge punch the open end of your envelope through both layers at once.
Voila! You will probably want to make a bunch because they are easy and fun, and they look fab!
Click here for more holiday crafts!
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now