If you prefer homemade ornaments instead of the store-bought variety, these easy-to-make decorations are right up your alley. You can save a little cash and create decorations that are usable year-round.
Felt Heart Ornament
- Red felt
- Embroidery thread
- Glue stick
- Heart pattern (Click here to download heart pattern PDF.)
- Parchment paper
- Embroidery needle
- Trace figure 2 heart pattern from PDF onto parchment paper with a pencil.
- Transfer pattern and cut two hearts out of red felt.
- Align back piece with front. Use a blanket stitch in white embroidery thread around the outside edges to sew the front and back together.
- Thread needle with a 9-inch piece of embroidery thread. Poke needle through the top of the ornament. Bring ends of embroidery thread together and tie in a knot.
- For added dimension, stuff with fiberfill before sewing closed.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now