Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
[Tip: Try experimenting with spices by adding 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, or orange zest.]
Preheat over to 350 F.
Boil carrots until tender, about 15 minutes. Place carrots in food processor and process until smooth. Add sugar, sour cream, flour, butter, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. (Optional: Add additional spices suggested above.) Pulse to mix.
Coat 2-quart baking dish with spray and spoon mixture into dish. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Soup’s on! Only it’s not what you think … We’re cooling things down with some refreshing treats. If you like this recipe, don’t miss our chilled-out garden party recipes.
Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh mint or cinnamon
In food processor, combine peaches, yogurt, orange juice (note: adjust amount of orange juice for consistency), and extract. Chill for several hours in refrigerator. Serve topped with toasted almonds and garnish.