When finished cutting out the cookies, get out the soap! These handmade, scented soaps make even sweeter gifts.
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
- 2-pound block of glycerin soap base (in craft stores)
- Large microwave-safe bowl
- Crayon shavings for color
- Soap scents (in craft stores)
- Cookie cutters (open at both ends)
- Plastic wrap
- Sticky labels
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Cut soap base into chunks. (It is usually scored for easy cutting.)
- Place chunks in microwave-safe bowl. Add crayon shavings.
- Microwave for 25-second intervals, stirring until melted. (Do not overheat.)
- Add desired scent and stir slowly to avoid bubbles. Pop any bubbles that form.
- Pour soap onto baking sheet. Cool for 30 minutes or until softly set.
- Cut out cookie cutter shapes. Place soaps on flat surface.
- When soaps are completely cool, wrap in plastic wrap and secure with sticky label. Write scent on label.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now