To vary this recipe, enjoy it with nectarines, plums, or apricots instead of peaches. If those fruits aren’t in season, try apples, mangoes, or berries. You can also use spinach or arugula instead of the mixed greens. If you’re short on time, try your favorite bottled Asian-style salad dressing, and enjoy!
Pulled Pork Salad with Peaches and Cilantro
(Makes 4 servings)
Prep 25 minutes
- 8 ounces cooked pulled pork (using lean sirloin), warm or room temperature
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons canola oil or other neutral-flavored oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 5 ounces mixed salad greens (10 cups lightly packed)
- 1 large peach, pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, brown sugar, ginger, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the greens, peach, onion, and cilantro. Add some of the dressing and toss.
- Arrange salad on platter or plates and top with pork. Drizzle some of remaining dressing over pork, top with almonds, and serve.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Pork Board. All rights reserved.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now