String these felt hearts together for whimsical decorations that you can hang outside or anywhere around your home.
You can even create a long chain to drape around door and window frames during the holidays.
Felt Heart Mobile
- Red felt
- Embroidery thread
- Heart pattern (Click here to download heart pattern PDF.)
- Parchment paper
- Trace figure 2 heart pattern from PDF onto parchment paper with a pencil.
- Transfer pattern and cut as many heart shapes as desired out of red felt.
- Align one heart shape on top of another. Use a blanket stitch around the outside edges to sew them together, leaving a 1-inch opening along one side.
- Stuff with fiberfill.
- Use a blanket stitch along the side to sew heart closed.
- Thread needle with embroidery thread. Poke needle through one stuffed heart from top to bottom. Leave a length of thread and poke needle through the next stuffed heart.
- Repeat until you have reached desired length. Secure with a knot at the bottom of the last heart.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now