Stitching felt hearts onto your greeting cards adds a pop of color and texture without extra hours of design work! You can even personalize each heart by writing a name or message on the heart with a permanent marker.
- Red felt
- White card stock
- Embroidery thread
- Glue stick
- Heart pattern (Click here to download heart pattern PDF.)
- Parchment paper
- Embroidery needle
- Trace figure 3 heart pattern from PDF onto parchment paper with a pencil.
- Transfer pattern and cut heart shape out of red felt.
- Make a card size of your choice out of white card stock.
- Thread embroidery needle with white embroidery thread. Use a straight stitch around the outside edge of the heart to sew onto card. Finish with a knot on the back.
- Cut a piece of white card stock to fit inside the card cover and hide stitches. Glue in place.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now