Salad on a stick? We gave the classic Italian salad a brand new look, and made it fun for the whole family! We skewered the mouth-watering combination of creamy mozzarella, fresh sweet 100 cherry tomatoes, and homegrown basil, drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt.
Caprese Salad on a Stick
(Makes 1 skewer/serving)
- ¾ ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (approximately 3 round cheese balls)
- 3 basil leaves
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Bamboo skewer
- Assemble cheese, basil, and tomato, in order, onto skewer, until all ingredients are on stacked beautifully on the skewer.
- Drizzle olive oil over assembled skewer, and add a pinch of sea salt if desired. Enjoy!
Total fat: 9 g
Carbohydrate: 2 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 4 g
Sugars: 1 g
Sodium: 320 mg
Recipe courtesy of Kids Eat Right.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now