Peanut sauce brings this stir fry to life. Once you prepare this sauce, it can be incorporated into a variety of recipes like dipping sauce for spring rolls and dumplings, a condiment on veggie or chicken burger, a salad dressing or a sauce on a Thai pizza.
Peanut Sauce Stir-Fry and Tempeh Skewers
(Makes 4 servings)
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 5 tablespoons natural peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon seasoned brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Dash of cayenne pepper
Stir fry and Skewers Ingredients
- 6 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 package (8 ounces) tempeh, cut into 8 pieces, widthwise
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Whisk peanut sauce ingredients until smooth.
- In pan, sauté 6 tablespoons peanut sauce with broccoli, carrots, bell pepper for 6 to 8 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cooked brown rice.
- Steam tempeh pieces for 8 minutes, until tender. Put each piece on a skewer and brush with peanut sauce.
- For each serving: Plate 2 cups stir fry and 2 skewers. Sprinkle with green onions.
Total fat: 17 g
Carbohydrate: 45 g
Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 21 g
Sugars: 13 g
Sodium: 370 mg
Recipe courtesy of Kids Eat Right.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now