Here’s a meal made for spring: garden-fresh vegetables with sautéed garlic and pork over pasta. Serve with focaccia bread, and enjoy fresh fruit for dessert.
(Makes 4 servings)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 2-by-½-by-8-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated into coarse pieces
- ½ pound fresh pea pods
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes, halved and drained
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup Romano cheese or Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups fettucine, cooked
- In large frying pan, sauté garlic and pork strips in oil until lightly browned.
- Add vegetables and seasonings. Simmer for 4–5 minutes, stirring, until moisture is almost gone.
- Add wine and simmer to reduce liquid. Pour over pasta.
- Toss together with cheese. Serve immediately.
Total fat: 10 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Carbohydrate: 80 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 32 g
Sodium: 140 mg
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now