These quick and yummy recipes from GMA lifestyle expert, mother of four, and author Holly Mosier are perfect for a single serving, but can be easily modified for more.
Holly’s Cheese Blintzes
“These blintzes are to die for—and you’ll feel great for hours thanks to the balance of proteins, carbs, and fats they provide. I eat them every day for breakfast!” says Mosier.
(Makes 1 serving or 2 crepes.)
- 2/3 cup ricotta, low-fat*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of vanilla
- 2 packages Splenda
- 2 crepes**
Holly’s Shopping Tips:
*Don’t buy part-skim ricotta. It is much higher in calories and fat than the low-fat product! My favorite is brand is Market Pantry from Target because it is somewhat dry.
** Look for 60-calorie crepes in grocery stores near the fruits.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl mix ricotta, cinnamon, vanilla, and sweetener.
- Place crepes on lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Spoon half of ricotta mixture into middle of each crepe. Fold in ends, and roll like a burrito. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Top with ½ cup fresh fruit for extra antioxidants.
Holly’s Cinnamon Salmon
“This dynamite recipe happened by chance! One day I was making salmon with lemon pepper. My cookie sheet still had cinnamon on it from the cheese blintzes, but I used it anyway. Oddly enough, the salmon was incredibly delicious! My friends love it, too,” says Mosier.
- 1 6-ounce salmon fillet
- Cooking spray
- Lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sprinkle each side of fillet liberally with lemon pepper and add dash of cinnamon.
- Place salmon fillet in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until done.