“The Mixed Herb Pesto is so delicious, it’s good on just about anything.” —Emeril Lagasse
Mixed Herb Pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix basil, parsley, mint, cilantro, and chives in food processor until finely chopped. Add pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. With machine running, add oil in thin, steady stream. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and pulse to combine. Transfer pesto to nonreactive bowl and cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse from Emeril at the Grill: A Cookbook for All Seasons, Harper Studio, New York, 2009, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
“This is a great way to showcase swordfish, a fish that’s right at home on the grill and especially nice when served with seasonal local veggies. The mixed herb pesto is so delicious, it’s good on just about anything.” —Emeril Lagasse
Grilled Swordfish Kebabs with Mixed Herb Pesto
(Makes four servings)
- 1 ¾ to 2 pounds 1-inch-thick swordfish steaks, cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into ½-inch-thick lengthwise slices
- 1 zucchini (6-inch-long), halved lengthwise, cut into ½-inch slices
- 16 cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 8 skewers (11- to 12-inch) (soak wood skewers in warm water for at least 15 minutes)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed Herb Pesto
Preheat grill or broiler to high. Assemble kebabs by dividing swordfish and vegetables evenly among skewers. Lightly brush all sides of skewers with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil skewers 6 inches from heat source until fish is just cooked through and vegetables are lightly browned on edges, about 8 minutes. Drizzle Mixed Herb Pesto over all.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc..