It’s mushroom-hunting season! We’ve coursed the web looking for wild mushroom recipes and snatched this yummy, vegetarian (and gluten-free) stuffed mushroom recipe; adapted from the Village of Muscoda, Wisconsin, website. Visit their site to view more morel recipes and tips on where to find the elusive morel.
Recipe yields 16-20 stuffed mushrooms.
- 16-20 medium to large morel caps (fresh or rehydrated)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lime
- 1 chopped green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 leaves of fresh basil, shredded
- 1 cup cooked rice (jasmine or basmati)
- Mix basil, green onion, and garlic into rice.
- Scoop 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of rice mixture into each mushroom cap and place in pan.
- Cover pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and pour over morels at 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, squeeze juice from fresh lime on top.