Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
(Makes 6 to 8 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound gluten-free Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup (3 ounces) Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 24 large mushrooms, stemmed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 15-by-10-by-2-inch glass baking dish. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and oregano, cook. Break sausage into small pieces, cook until sausage is brown and no pink traces remain. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage into large bowl, let cool. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Stir in cream cheese; salt and pepper to taste. Stir in egg yolk.
Place mushroom caps in prepared baking dish, stemmed side up. Brush each with white wine. Fill with about 1 tablespoon filling, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. (Can be prepared ahead, covered and chilled.)
Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Place under broiler 5 minutes until tops are lightly browned. Serve.
Recipe from Glutenfreeda Online Magazine and Recipe Book.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now