Thank you, dear readers, for submitting your delicious recipes for The Saturday Evening Post‘s New Year’s Recipe Challenge. We enjoyed tasting our way to a winner—a satisfyingly rich dessert packed with protein and our favorite ingredient, dark chocolate.
Congratulations Elana Amsterdam of Boulder, Colorado for passing our editors’ picky-palate test.
If you have a yummy recipe you’d like to share with our readers, send it to us at [email protected].
(Makes about 24 brownies)
- 1 (16) ounce jar salted almond butter, smooth roasted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate 73%
1. In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender
2. Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla
3. Blend in cocoa, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips
4. Grease a 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish
5. Pour batter into dish
6. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes
17 g fat
4 g saturated
10 g monounsaturated
3 g polyunsaturated
5 g protein
10 g carbs
2 g fiber
18 mg cholesterol
186 mg sodium
For more about Elana Amsterdam, visit her blog at elanaspantry.com.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now