The word logophile stems from the Greek roots logos “words” and philein “to love” — a logophile is someone who loves words. But there are so many things in this world to love! Can you match up these other –philes with the objects of their affection?
Match the Word with the Thing Loved
- An anthophile loves …
- An ailurophile really appreciates …
- A chionophile is keen on …
- A cinephile quite enjoys …
- A cynophile just adores …
- An oenophile can’t get enough of …
- A pogonophile treasures …
- A selachophile is enchanted by …
- A selenophile prizes …
- the moon
This article is featured in the January/February 2020 issue of The Saturday Evening Post. Subscribe to the magazine for more art, inspiring stories, fiction, humor, and features from our archives.
Featured image: Shutterstock
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now