Don’t just sit there. “This move not only shapes your glutes, it helps improve hip joint mobility and stability,” says Elise Joan, Beachbody Super Trainer and creator of Barre Blend (beachbodyondemand.com).
- Stand tall, then fold over as comfortable with hands shoulder width apart on a counter or stable chair.
- Extend right leg back and lift to a comfortable height with toe pointed. This is the top of your rainbow!
- Lower leg to cross slightly behind and across standing leg until toes tap the ground.
- Lift leg through starting height and tap toes down on the other side.
- Repeat, extending left leg back.
Gradually work up to 10 repetitions on each leg.
Ready for More?
After Step 4, lift and hold leg at top of your rainbow and make one-inch pulses up, keeping back flat and abs engaged.
Gradually work up to 20 pulses on each side.
This article is featured in the March/April 2020 issue of The Saturday Evening Post. Subscribe to the magazine for more art, inspiring stories, fiction, humor, and features from our archives.
Featured image: Beachbody
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now