- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and turned out slightly. Grip a single dumbbell with both hands.
- Lower yourself into a half-squat position with arms hanging straight down.
- Keeping arms straight, rotate body to the left so dumbbell is just outside your left knee.
- Rotate body to the right, raising dumbbell in the direction of right shoulder and standing up slightly. Keep raising arms and rotating torso until dumbbell is over your right shoulder.
- Lower dumbbell and return to starting position.
Repeat on other side using a right-to-left motion to complete 1 rep.
Work up to 4 sets of 10 reps per side daily, with 30 seconds of rest between sets. Increase weight when able.
This article is featured in the November/December 2021 issue of The Saturday Evening Post. Subscribe to the magazine for more art, inspiring stories, fiction, humor, and features from our archives.
Featured image: Courtesy Mike Matthews, legionathletics.com
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now