- Sitting up straight in a chair, place hands in lap with palms facing up.
- Inhale slowly and deeply, raising hands to chest level, as shown.
- Turn palms out and lift hands above head, keeping elbows relaxed and slightly bent.
- Exhale slowly, relaxing and lowering arms to sides.
- Return hands to the start position.
Repetitions: Gradually work up to 10 repetitions daily.
This article is featured in the March/April 2022 issue of The Saturday Evening Post. Subscribe to the magazine for more art, inspiring stories, fiction, humor, and features from our archives.
Featured image: Shutterstock
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now