Whimsical bird feeders of recycled glassware add a pop of fun and function to your summer landscape. Here’s how to make one for your feathered friends:
1” x 48” hardwood dowel
Outdoor spray paint
Glass cup, plate, and vase
Birdseed and water
- Carve one edge of dowel into a point (this will help when placing it in the ground).
- Spray-paint dowel, and let dry according to directions on can.
- Allow glue to set before gluing each piece: Glue cup to plate, then plate to bottom of vase, then dowel to vase.
- When glue is dry, insert dowel about 10-12 inches into ground.
- Sprinkle birdseed on plate and fill cup with water as needed.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now