Thinly cut chops are terrific for a weekday meal, and fresh ginger gives the sauce a bit more bite. Serve with roasted potato spears and steamed mixed vegetables.
Ginger-Plum Pork Chops
(Makes 4 servings)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless pork chops, ½-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 8-ounce jar plum preserves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger, OR 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops 2 minutes on one side, turn.
- Stir together remaining ingredients and add to skillet. Cover skillet, lower heat and simmer 5 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145°F followed by a 3-minute rest time.
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Carbohydrate: 38 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 22 g
Sodium: 32 mg
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now