Trim your tree with this adorable little wreath. Watch the video to learn to make the origami Christmas wreath ornament or follow the instructions below.
Christmas Wreath Ornament
- 2 light green paper squares (3″ x 3″)
- 2 dark green paper squares (3″ x 3″)
- 1 red paper rectangle (4 ½” x 1″)
- Craft glue
- Needle and string
- Fold 1 green square in half, then open and fold each side of square to center fold line.
- Open square and tear each crease to make 4 separate rectangular pieces.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with remaining 3 green squares. There should be 16 rectangles.
- Take 1 green rectangle and fold in half crosswise.
- Open, then fold one side of rectangle so top edge meets center fold line. Do the same to other side.
- Flip over and fold flap into center to create a small triangle. Do the same to the other side.
- Fold each triangle in half to create smaller triangle.
- Fold triangle once more to make an even smaller triangle—there should be 2 flaps on one side, and 2 pockets on the other.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 with remaining 15 green rectangles.
- Start piecing 16 triangles together: Place flaps of one triangle into pockets of other, alternating colors, until all 16 triangles are put together.
- Start to curve pieces into a circle. Connect final 2 triangles to complete circle.
- Bead layer of glue on one side of circle to secure pieces. Let dry.
- Fold red rectangle in half lengthwise, then open and fold each side to center fold line.
- Cut 1 inch from length of rectangle.
- With longer piece, make a circle and tuck one side in the other. Wrap 1-inch piece around center of circle. Dab glue to hold in place. Let dry. (This will be the bow for your wreath.)
- Dab glue on bow and attach to wreath. Let dry.
- Using needle and string, poke hole in top-most corner of wreath and pull string through. Remove needle, and tie knot. Tuck knot in triangle, and hang ornament on tree.
Become a Saturday Evening Post member and enjoy unlimited access. Subscribe now